Thursday 29 January 2015

Eat Well: #breakfaststaples

Matcha and 2 Ingredient Pancakes 

Yes only 2!  Which is why this is a breakfast staple for me.  It's quick, easy and oh so tasty.

Why Matcha?  I just love Matcha it's almost unhealthy.



I tend to have this a lot, especially when I have my 5:30AM shifts at work and I don't particularly want to get up even earlier to make a delicious breakfast for myself.  Nevertheless, if I were to sleep in... I would pick breakfast over putting my face on.

Recipe from Blogilates 
Yields: 1 large, or a few small depending on what you want.
2 Eggs
1 Banana
Yeah that's pretty much it =]

Mash a banana and 2 eggs together until smooth.  On medium heat, pour the mixture into the pan and once the outer edges become dull (around the center as well) flip.  

Toppings: peanut butter, hemp seeds, chia seeds, berries, honey and cinnamon



Why Matcha?  I just love Matcha it's almost unhealthy.  I get my Matcha from Teavana usually, but this one from Booster Juice I received from a friend during Christmas.

Makes 1 Mug 

4oz of below boiling water temperature
1 tsp (or more...) of Matcha (It's usually sifted, but I tend to be too lazy at times)

Add the boiling water into a mug and a tad of room temperature water to cool it down.  

Put in your Matcha, and with a Matcha whisk, go up and down like an M shape repeatedly until you get a nice foam.  30 seconds or so?  Add your almond milk and voila!

 
This concoction has kept me awake through lectures and helps me get through my morning shift.  It has a high amount of caffeine but differs from coffee, in that I don't get that crash near the afternoon.  It contains fiber because you're essentially ingesting ground up tea leaves so it keeps me full.  And that color ooh lala.




Enjoy!

References: My mind =]



No comments:

Post a Comment