Friday 30 January 2015

Learn Well: #Blogilates #Cheapcleaneats

Metabolic Supercharge Smoothie

Yes a smoothie, nothing new, BUT there is an interesting ingredient that is in this lovely smoothie that I've heard people use but I haven't tried myself. 

CAYENNE PEPPER

Why cayenne pepper?!  It not only provides that fiery kick, but it raises your metabolism!  YAY.  By 8% to be exact and that lasts 30 minutes after you drink it.

 Single Serving

1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup nonfat greek yogurt
1 banana (I froze mine because I do not have ice)
1- 1.5 cups kale

Ice Ice Baby 



Throw everything in a blender and blend away.

Along with the cayenne pepper, bananas contain tryptophan which makes you happy!  Yay happy fruit.  Greek yogurt provides you with protein, kale aids in digestion and elimination (them healthy poops) and contains vitamins A, C, and K.

Vitamin A is good for your lovely peepers and skin.  Vitamin C is a immunity booster and boosts your metabolism.  Vitamin K helps with cancer prevention, which is why kale is such an awesome super food.




At first, I thought the kick was unusual and strong, but as I kept drinking it I really liked it.  Perfect pre kick boxing smoothie!


Check out Cassey's page for cheap clean eats and daily workouts!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment