Wednesday 15 April 2015

Eat Well, Feel Well, Learn Well: #quinoainmybrownies

Chocolate Cranberry Quinoa Oat Bars


Sorry for the lack of posts beautiful people, just finishing up my second semester.  Almost done them finals!  Any who, I made these lovely bars about a week ago and I finally had a chance to post this!

I was definitely pleasantly surprised by these!  Only correction for myself is to cook the quinoa longer and also use leftovers so it's cold and not boiling hot.  Yeah, I cooked the quinoa fresh and I was pretty impatient; I did stir it and let the steam dissipate and stick it in the fridge for a little bit.

Recipe is from Diary of An Ex Sloth
I love how she just added quinoa because she was curious :).

1 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup cooked quinoa
3 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tsp ground flax
pinch of salt
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup dairy free milk
2 tbsp dairy-free chocolate chips
3 tbsp dried cranberries

Preheat your oven to 350F; line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper

Add your dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix it together well until incorporated

Add peanut butter, maple syrup and milk; mix well

Fold in the chocolate chips and dried cranberries

Pour the mixture into the baking pan and spread the batter evenly

Bake for 20-25 minutes; be patient and allow to cool before cutting

Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days (I put them in the fridge after 3 days and they lasted about a week!)



Grind up them flax seeds!
 


The dry ingredients
 

It's Peanut Butter time!!!


Them wet ingredients.
   

Nom nom nom.  Give them a try!  Try something new... I dare ya ;) 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment