Tuesday 28 April 2015

Eat Well, Learn Well, Feel Well: #themapplechips

Apple Chips


An excess of apple and a mandoline calls for apple chips!  I got the recipe off of Nom Nom Paleo's cook book "Nom Nom Paleo Food for Humans"

5 large Fuji Apples, cored and cut horizontally with a mandoline (approx 1/8 inch thick)
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon...or more... much more like I did

Preheat your oven to 225F (convection oven)

Ensure your racks in your oven are spaced evenly.

Place your slices on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.  I had about two cookie sheets full.  Dust with cinnamon... violently....

Bake for 1.5 hours in a convection oven, if you do not have the convection option, about 2 hours.

Flip them halfway through.  Turn off the oven and leave the chips to fully dehydrate.

Once they've cooled, store them in a sealed container for up to 3 days.


Totally want an apple corer... so the holes in the center were quite jaggedy from using a paring knife.


Love this contraption!


There was some fruit ninja going on in my kitchen.


Again, violently dusted my chips with cinnamon...


Ta Da!  Loveeee these!  I found that they were still a tad soggy, so I will definitely play around with the times more.  Nevertheless, they were still tasty!


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment