Wednesday 22 April 2015

Love Well: #sayhitochubs

Homemade Dog Treats


Sorry for the hiatus once again.  Finally finished the last of my finals today and we brought Chubs home yesterday!


In celebration of that, I wanted to make him home made puppy treats!


I ordered some Bone Cookie Cutters but they did not come in in time, so I resorted to hearts.


Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Treats

Recipe by Damn Delicious

I changed the amount of the flour a bit because it was quite dry before I used the whole amount

2/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 large eggs
3 cups whole wheat flour, or more, as needed (I used about 2 cups of whole wheat flour and 1/4 cup of spelt flour and stopped there)

Preheat oven to 350F.  Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.

In your stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat pumpkin puree, peanut butter and eggs on medium high until well combined (1-2 minutes).  Gradually add flour 2 cups then add 1/4 cup at a time.  Just until the dough no longer sticks.

Lightly flour your work surface, knead the dough 3-4 times until it comes together.  Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough 1/4 inch thickness.  Use your cookie cutter of choice and place them onto the prepared baking sheet.

Bake about 20-25 minutes until the edges are golden.  Keep an eye on them!

Let cool completely.


Our baby Chubs <3.


On the way home in the car, he fell asleep in my arms.


Treat time?!


 He loved it!!!  Ate every crumb.


Chubs and Daddy


Jar of Hearts ;).


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment