Friday 5 June 2015

Eat Well, Feel Well: #kimbits

Almond Butter Cookie Dough Bites


My infamous "Kimbits"!  These are an absolute hit and one of my personal favourites (as I am munching on one as I'm typing this).  I took a chance and decided to do a baking demonstration for a school presentation and I used these!  Everyone LOVED them!  If you are an avid cookie dough lover such as myself, these are definitely for you!

Recipe: Adapted from the Oh She Glows Cookbook

Makes approximately 14

1 1/2 cup Rolled Oats (ground up into a flour)
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil (Melted)
2 Tbsp Almond Butter (Smooth or Crunchy... I used crunchy)
1/4 cup maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 cup Almond Flour (ground up whole almonds)
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 Tbsp Mini Dark Chocolate Chips (I used dairy free)


In a food processor, blend oats until it is turned into a powder flour like consistency.  Set aside. 


Again, in the food processor grind up your rolled oats into a flour powder like consistency.  Then add everything into the food processor except for the chocolate chips.  


Grind it all together until it is combined.


Put the mixture into a bowl and fold (stir in) the chocolate chips with a spatula.  With a scoop, or just use two spoons.  Scoop it up and put it onto a plate lined with parchment paper.  Then roll them into balls and set them in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.


Enjoy!  Leave the rest in a freezer bag in the freezer for a quick grab and go snack! 


Or top off a mug cake with one ;).

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment