Monday 23 February 2015

Eat Well, Love Well, Learn Well: #coconutty

Coconut Panna Cotta (Dairy-Free!)


This delightful dessert was what I made for Valentine's Day!  Definitely a favourite and it's super simple to make!

I should be studying right now, but I need a break and I wanted to share this quick post with you all!


I purchased these gelatin sheets from Community Natural Foods.  They're super easy to use so the conversion with gelatin powder to sheets is 1 (0.25oz) envelope= 1 Tbsp of powdered gelatin= 3 sheets of leaf gelatin.  

To use: soak the sheets in water for about 10 minutes and then squeeze the excess water out (it will be super jelly).





This recipe is from Detoxinista

Yields 4
1 (13.5oz) can full fat coconut milk
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 tsp grass fed gelatin (I believe I used about 2 and a half sheets?  I will double check)

Method

In a small saucepan, gently heat 1 cup of coconut milk and vanilla over medium-low heat whisking occasionally to prevent it from burning the bottom.  DO NOT BOIL.  As it is heating, add the bloomed gelatin sheets and whisk until it has dissolved.  Remove from the heat and whisk in the maple syrup and the remaining coconut milk.

Pour into 4 ramekins and have it set in the fridge for at least 4 hours.

Now the recipe said to remove these from the ramekins, to place them in a shallow bowl of hot water for 1-2 minutes, then flip it onto the plate.  I would go with a minute or even less or else you will get some liquid because the heat was too much for it.  

Serve ASAP!

Super duper easy!


Yum...


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment