Friday 8 May 2015

Eat Well: #abcsofyyc #oeb

ABC's of YYC (Week 15: O)

OEB Breakfast Co. (Over Easy Breakfast)
824 Edmonton Trl NE
Journey of Wellness Calgary restaurants


At last John and I had time on a weekday to stop by Oeb!  Weekends are just ridiculous trying to get a spot at this lovely breakfast joint.  Come to think of it, it's been a couple of years since John and I have been here.  What better way to start off a Friday.


Egg, Ham, Shrooms & Cheese Crepe- scrambled eggs, mushrooms, rosemary ham, aged cheddar, porcini & white truffle mushroom essence & brown butter Hollandaise (I asked for the Hollandaise on the side)

This was humongous!  I was thinking to myself, how am I going to finish this?!  But alas, I did #cheat day?  ...It was delicious!  The filling was great and there was plenty of it clearly.  The truffle essence was light where you know it's there but it did not overwhelm the entire crepe.  The crepe batter itself was light and provided a hint of sweetness to complement the savoury filling.  I found that I did not need the Hollandaise at all and the light flavours of this crepe made me feel not as awful about myself afterwards.


The One That Did Not Get Away- seared smoked mackerel, scrambled eggs with green onions, crisp potatoes, brown butter Hollandaise.  Added 100% certified Organic Canadian Sturgeon Caviar (1/4oz) an additional $26

The powerful flavour of the Caviar pairs very well with the soft, slightly runny eggs and crispy potatoes.  The two huge fillets of mackerel were seasoned perfectly.  The fried potatoes were tasty and provided a great crunch.  There was a great variety of flavours and textures in this dish.  With your savoury mackerel and Caviar that are complemented by the eggs and potato to tone it down.  I (John) would love to wake up to this every day.

It was still busy around 7:30am when we got there even though it opened at 7am.  Filled with the locals of community it was a great cheery atmosphere.  John of course picked the most expensive breakfast, but other then that it's worth your dollar!  Also, we had to mention that they were so quick, which is to be expected considering they are probably at least 20 times busier on the weekend then they were today.  Enjoying a lovely savoury crepe along with trying something completely new, it was a fantabulous meal.  That mackerel and Caviar definitely did not get away ;).

 Enjoy!

OEB Breakfast Co. on Urbanspoon

view my food journey on zomato! Click to add a blog post for OEB Breakfast Co. on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment