Friday 1 May 2015

Eat Well, Learn Well, Feel Well: #bakedpancakes

Baked Pumpkin Pancakes


It's Friday!!  It was a beautiful morning and I had the hugest craving for pancakes, not just any pancakes.  Pumpkin!  So I was on Detoxinista's website and found these lovely pancakes that were baked!  I was so intrigued, I had to try them.


Recipe from Detoxinista

Serves 1

1/4 cup almond butter
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice*
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp honey

*I did not have pumpkin pie spice (a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, allsplice, and ginger), so I used a pinch of cinnamon, a pinch of cloves and a pinch of nutmeg.

Preheat your oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.

In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix until smooth.  Use a 1/4 cup to scoop the batter on the parchment lined baking sheet.  This made 3 pancakes for me.

Bake for 10-12 minutes (mine were in for 10), until the pancakes are fluffy and golden brown.  The awesome thing about these is that you do not need any excess oil and you don't need to flip them either!

Serve with maple syrup, fruits and peanut butter!


Out of the oven.


All dressed up!




Fluffy, soft and moist.  A taste of Autumn in my mouth on this lovely Spring day.



Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Yummy! Looks straight from a brunch place :) I've had a sweet tooth lately so this is totally up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah it's signing off from my old blog but it's me, Lisa (lemonlimelisa.com) haha

      Delete
    2. You are too kind! Ahahhaha hate it when it does that! But yea try them! They're like soft fluffy moist cakes T.T.

      Delete