Tuesday 17 March 2015

Eat Well, Feel Well, Learn Well: #blacksesamematcha

Black Sesame Matcha Mug Cake!
(Experiment)



After dinner last night, I had a HUGE I mean HUGE craving for a cake of some sort.  However, I did not want to eat any more eggs just because I'm pretty sure I had about 6 yesterday......

I decided to experiment and make a "Chia Egg" to replace it.  Usually when I'm looking at recipes, people are using flax eggs which I have yet to use, but I may try that next time.

Recipe

1/2 Banana, mashed
1 Chia Egg (1 tbsp Ground up Chia seeds mixed with 3 Tbsp of water mixed together and let it sit for 15 minutes in the fridge)
3 Tbsp Whole Wheat Spelt Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Matcha
1/2 Tbsp Ground Black Sesame
2 Tbsp Almond Milk
2 Tbsp Greek Yogurt

Combine everything into a mug that was sprayed with some oil.  Microwave for 2 minutes and then invert onto a plate and serve!  So simple!

I put more greek yogurt on top along with a fresh fig and a drizzle of honey.


All that goodness!





Them Benefits!
The benefits from chia seeds can be seen from my past post!

Black Sesame benefits in a nut shell.  Anti aging sorcery, increases skin and bone health, heart healthy, helps you poo poo, and acts as a lactation aid for the new mamas,  More info on this amazing seed here!

Spelt flour is easier to digest due to it's high solubility to water, which is great for those who have a wheat intolerance.  Also, it is a more soluble fibre which aids in lowering blood cholesterol and controlling blood sugar levels.  So much more information here.


Notes: not as poofy as I would have like it to be.  Also, the texture is definitely more on the gel like side, which I did not mind because it reminded me of some Asian desserts.  I'll probably try it with flax seed next time and see if there's any difference there.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment