Monday 2 March 2015

Eat Well, Learn Well: #browniebites

Gluten-Free Almond Butter Brownies


I had the biggest craving for something chocolatey and kind of cakey and I found this recipe for a lovely healthier brownie alternative!


So these lovely squares are not sweet at all.  Funny story... So my Mother was hovering while I was making these and she cringed when she saw I was going to use 1/4 cup of honey.  Because of the Granola bars I made last time that were too sweet, she suggested to do half sweet first.  Nevertheless, once they were out of the oven, did not have enough sweetness hahahaha.  Also, because I just started using coconut flour, John, my Mother and I were debating whether or not they were just A BIT dry or that was the texture the coconut flour created.  Nonetheless I enjoy them! 


Finally got to pull out my Disney measuring cups that I got over the New Year and got to experiment with unpasteurized honey!


Also, I did not want to use up my entire jar of almond butter, so I used a small avocado to fill out the rest.

Recipe By What's That Smell?

Ingredients

3/4 cup almond butter
Half a small avocado to top almond butter in the measuring cup labelled 1 cup
2 eggs
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup raw honey
8oz unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda

Preheat oven to 350F; grease and line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper and set aside.

In a food processor, add milks, eggs, applesauce, honey, almond butter and avocado and blend on medium for 30-45 seconds.

Add the cocoa powder and vanilla and pulse 3-5 times.

Add coconut flour and baking soda and pulse until just combined.  (Can fold by hand)

Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. 

Cool before cutting!  (Patience young grasshoppers)



Them liquids.


Then add the cocoa powder and vanilla.



Lastly, the coconut flour and baking soda.
 

Aw yeah...




Garnished with Greek Yogurt, strawberries, cinnamon and a drizzle of honey!  

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment