Friday 6 March 2015

Eat Well, Feel Well #pancakeparty

Coconut Flour Pancakes


Ah... pancakes are such a lovely thing.  So a few days ago when I went to pick up a book at the book store, I decided to check out some cook books before I headed back to work.  I stumbled upon Joyous Health: Eat and Live Well Without Dieting.  As I was flipping through, I found the simplest recipe.... and couldn't get it out of my head, so I had to make it.



Servings: 1 Hungry Kim

2 Eggs
1/2 cup 1/8 cup Mixture of Almond and Soy Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/4 cup Coconut Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tbsp Coconut Oil

Mix all your wet ingredients and then add the dry.  Let it sit for 3 minutes; during this time, heat up your pan and coconut oil.  

From the pictures, you can see you can make them however big you want!  The smaller they are, the bigger the stack... the bigger the pancakes the shorter it is.  

The taller stack, I garnished with banana, almond butter, blueberry, honey and cinnamon.  The shorter stack, I garnished with mangoes, peanut butter, chia and flax seed in between the layers, half a banana, greek yogurt, honey and cinnamon.  That's why I loveeeeeeee pancakes and never get sick of them because you can throw whatever you want on there.








Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment